Wintergreen Essential Oil Blend I doTERRA Therapeutic Grade
$29.33 / 0.00096 Ƀ
Buy online now or join as a doTERRA associate or preferred customer to buy wholesale
Wintergreen Essential Oil is distilled and grown in the rural mountains of Nepal, Wintergreen essential oils is offering soothing and stimulating properties and a fresh, uplifting aroma.
Wintergreen (Nepalese) essential oil is derived from the leaves of a creeping shrub found in coniferous areas. The main chemical component in Wintergreen, methyl salicylate, is used in topical creams and massage blends because of its soothing properties. In fact, Wintergreen and Birch are the only plants in the world that contain methyl salicylate naturally. As a flavoring, small amounts of Wintergreen are used in candies, toothpaste, and chewing gum. When diffused, Wintergreen has a refreshing aroma that’s uplifting and stimulating.
Through doTERRA’s Co-Impact Sourcing® initiative, our new source of Wintergreen comes from Nepal where it is wild harvested by rural villagers then distilled by community-owned distillation facilities. This process creates increased economic opportunity for very remote regions in rural Nepal.
Uses for Wintergreen essential oil (Nepalese)
- Wintergreen has a warming effect when applied to skin and is excellent to use as a soothing massage. A little goes a long way, so use sparingly and dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- For a soothing bath, add 1–2 drops of Wintergreen essential oil to warm bath water.
Directions for Use for Wintergreen Essential Oil
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Cautions when using Wintergreen Essential Oil
Not for internal use. Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Primary Benefits of Wintergreen Essential Oil
- Great for a warming soothing massage after exercise
- Has a refreshing aroma that’s uplifting and stimulating
- Frequently used in gum, candy, and toothpaste for flavoring
Aromatic Description of the Wintergreen Essential Oil
Sweet, minty, refreshing