Petitgrain Essential Oil Essential Oil I doTERRA Therapeutic Grade
- EUR: EURO€ 28.87
- CAD: CAN$ 43.60
- AUD: AU$ 45.97
- NZD: NZ$ 50.23
- GBP: GB£ 26.02
Buy online now or join as a doTERRA associate or preferred customer to buy wholesale
Petitgrain essential oil delivers calming and relaxing benefits to ease feelings of tension and stress.
Petitgrain essential oil is derived from the bitter orange tree, which has a long history of use in traditional health practices. Historically, Petitgrain essential oil has been used for cleaning purposes and it has been used internally to support healthy immune system and nervous system function.* Emerging scientific evidence provides support for these traditional and other uses.
There are three essential oils derived from the bitter orange tree. Petitgrain is distilled from the leaves and twigs of the tree, Neroli essential oil is distilled from the blossoms, and Bitter Orange oil is produced by cold pressing the rinds of the fruits. Petitgrain is widely used in the perfume industry, giving body sprays, fragrances, lotions, and colognes a fresh, herbaceous note that is popular among both women and men.
By sourcing Petitgrain from Paraguay through our Co-Impact Sourcing® initiative, doTERRA is able to support needed rural community development projects and provide diversified income for small-scale farmers. This approach provides an economically viable alternative to clear-cutting land, dramatically helping to protect the remaining patches of the Atlantic Rainforest in eastern Paraguay.
Uses for Petitgrain Essential Oil
- Diffuse for a calming and relaxing aroma. Blends well with other citrus oils, Cassia, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Geranium, and Lemongrass.
- Take internally to help ease feelings of tension, help calm the nervous system, and promote restful sleep.*
- Before going to bed, add a few drops of Petitgrain along with Lavender or Bergamot to pillows and bedding for its aromatic benefits.
- Add one to two drops to water or juice and drink to help support the health of the cardiovascular, immune, nervous, and digestive systems.*
Directions for Use when using Petitgrain Essential Oil
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions when using for Petitgrain Essential Oil
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Primary Benefits of Petitgrain Essential Oil
- May help support healthy cardiovascular and immune function when used internally*
- Provides powerful internal antioxidant support*
- Internal use may help promote a restful sleep*
Aromatic Description of Petitgrain Essential Oil
Fresh, floral, slightly herbaceous
Collection Method for Petitgrain Essential Oil
Plant Part for Petitgrain Essential Oil
Main Constituents of Petitgrain Essential Oil
Linalyl acetate, linalool, alpha-terpineol