Patchouli Essential Oil | doTERRA Therapeutic Grade
Buy online now or join as a doTERRA associate or preferred customer to buy wholesale
Patchouli essential oil is derived from a member of the mint family, and is known to help with skin imperfections, while also providing a grounding, balancing effect on emotions.
Patchouli essential oil is derived from the bushy herb patchouli a part of the mint family, with its stems reaching two or three feet in height and bearing small, pink-white flowers. Easily recognized for its rich, musky-sweet fragrance regularly used in the perfume industry as well as in scented products such as laundry detergents and air fresheners. Patchouli is beneficial to the skin in many ways. It is often topically used to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, and minor skin imperfections and to promote a smooth, glowing complexion. Add this beautiful floral oil to your home made skincare range for a calming effect as your look after your skin.
The fragrance of Patchouli provides a grounding, balancing effect on emotions and is perfect for your personal perfume.
Uses for Patchouli Essential Oil
- Combine with Peppermint and apply to the forehead, temples, or back of the neck after a long day of work.
- Apply one to two drops to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, or problem skin areas, or add to your favorite moisturizer.
- Combine with Vetiver and apply to the bottoms of feet to help calm emotions.
Directions for Use with Patchouli Essential Oil
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Cautions when using Patchouli Essential Oil
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Primary Benefits of Patchouli Essential Oil
- The earthy aroma contributes to a grounded, balanced atmosphere
- Promotes a smooth, glowing complexion
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, and skin imperfections
Aromatic Description for Patchouli Essential Oil
Collection Method for Patchouli Essential Oil
Plant Part used for Patchouli Essential Oil
Main Constituents of the Patchouli Essential Oil
Patchouli alcohol, α-Bulnesene, α-Guaiene