Douglas Fir Essential Oil | doTERRA Therapeutic Grade
$26.00 / 0.00084 Ƀ
Douglas Fir Essential Oil from doTerra is sourced from young trees in New Zealand, and is a premium Douglas Fir oil that can help promote feelings of clear airways during aromatic use, and will cleanse the skin when used topically.
Buy online now or join as a doTERRA associate or preferred customer to buy wholesale >>
Douglas Fir Essential Oil is derived from a conifer that grows natively throughout North America. This tall, evergreen fir tree is frequently used in the Christmas tree industry and has a lemon scented note that’s sweet and refreshing.
doTerra’s Douglas Fir or Pseudotsuga menziesii:Douglas Fir essential oil is sustainably sourced from young trees in New Zealand, where it is a highly invasive species threatening the country’s ecosystem. By harvesting the young Douglas Fir trees and using them for essential oil, doTERRA is helping to combat the environmental impact of these non native trees overtaking the land while providing a premium conifer essential oil.
Douglas Fir has a unique chemical composition that’s particularly rich in β-pinene, contributing to its ability to encourage an optimistic and stimulating environment. Douglas Fir can also be used to purify the skin and surfaces. Blending Douglas Fir with citrus oils will create an uplifting environment while freshening the air.
Uses for Douglas Fir Essential Oil
- Combine Douglas Fir with Wild Orange, Lemon, or Bergamot in a diffuser to freshen the air, uplift mood, and promote a sense of focus.
- Add one drop to facial cleanser, bar soap, or body wash for added cleansing benefits and an invigorating aroma.
- Diffuse two to three drops Douglas Fir with two to three drops Eucalyptus, or rub into hands and inhale deeply to promote feelings of clear airways and easy breathing.
- Combine with one to two drops of Wintergreen for a relaxing massage experience.
Directions for Use when using Douglas Fir Essential Oil
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Cautions when using Douglas Fir Essential Oil
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Primary Benefits of the Douglas Fir Essential Oil
- Refreshing, airy aroma
- Cleansing and purifying to the skin
- Creates positive and inspiring surroundings
Aromatic Description for Douglas Fir Essential Oil
Clean, Fresh, Woody, Airy
Collection Method for Douglas Fir Essential Oil
Plant Part used for distillation of Douglas Fir Essential Oil
Main Constituents of Douglas Fir Essential Oil
β-pinene, α-pinene, δ-3-carene, sabinene