Bergamot Essential Oil | doTERRA Therapeutic Grade
Buy online now or join as a doTERRA associate to buy wholesale >>
Bergamot Essential Oil with both calming and uplifting abilities, can dissipate anxious feelings while simultaneously providing cleansing and purifying benefits. Use it as your personal perfume applying it to your wrists or on your neck to reduce anxiety.
Bergamot Essential Oil has been used by the Italians for years to reduce feelings of stress and to soothe and rejuvenate skin. In Greece, the unripe fruits are used as sweetmeats, eaten by the spoonful as a dessert or with coffee. Bergamot is unique among citrus oils due to its ability to be both uplifting and calming, making it ideal to help with anxious and sad feelings. It is also purifying and cleansing for the skin while having a calming effect. Bergamot is the most delicate of the citrus plants, requiring special climate and soil in order to thrive. Bergamot is used in Earl Grey tea and commonly included in popular perfumes. Use it for your own personal perfume each day or combine it with your favourite floral scent.
Uses for Bergamot Essential Oil
- Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home when stress levels or tension is high.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its purifying skin benefits.
- Change regular tea to Earl Grey with the addition of Bergamot.
- Apply to the feet before bedtime or use with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Add one to two drops to your DIY skin care cleanser.
Directions for Use when using Bergamot Essential Oil
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Cautions when using Bergamot Essential Oil
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
Primary Benefits of the Bergamot Essential Oil
- Calming and soothing aroma
- Provides skin purifying benefits
- Frequently used in massage therapy for its calming benefits
Aromatic Description of the Bergamot Essential Oil
Citrus, spice, with a light floral note
Collection Method for Bergamot Essential Oil
Plant Part used for the Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot rind (peel)
Main Constituents of the Bergamot Essential Oil
Limonene, linalyl acetate, linalool, terpinene, β-pinene